Tropical BBQ Jackfruit Salad
Servings: 6 servings
Turn your salad into a delicious and healthy meal! Tropical BBQ Jackfruit Salad combines Dei Fratelli Tomato Sauce, pineapple, jackfruit, and corn chips to create this cruncy BBQ treat you can enjoy all year long!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Tomato Sauce
- 1 3/4 Cups Crushed Pineapple
- 2 Cups Chopped Mango, frozen
- 1 3/4 Cups Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 Cups Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Plant-Based Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper, coarse ground
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. White Onion, minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Pineapple, sliced and quartered
- 2 (14 oz.) cans Jackfruit, drained and shredded
- 6 Cups Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 2 tsp. Serrano Pepper, shaved
- Corn Chips, for garnish
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine Dei Fratelli Tomato Sauce, crushed pineapple, mango, coconut sugar, salt, vinegar, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce by 1/4, or until the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Blend until smooth.
- Combine jackfruit and sauce and simmer for another 3-4 minutes, or until well incorporated. Let cool.
- Mix the cooled jackfruit in a large bowl with the onion and fresh pineapple.
- Serve over the romaine lettuce and garnish with corn chips and serrano peppers.
This can easily be used as a filling for a sandwich or wrap! Try over shredded green cabbage as well.
Related Recipes To Try:
Plant-Based Taco Salad Tostadas
Curry Cashew Quinoa Salad
Pulled Pork Nachos