Tomato Basil Bisque
Servings: 2 servings
Warm up with our Tomato Basil Bisque soup! Made with Dei Fratelli Whole Tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil, this tomato soup recipe will bring fresh tomato flavors to your dinner table!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Whole Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 large bunch Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, ground, to taste
- Preheat Oven to 300 F.
- Pour Dei Fratelli Whole Tomatoes into a 9x13 baking dish and cut in half lengthwise.
- Evenly distribute the garlic, cayenne pepper, and half the basil over top. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tomatoes for 1 hour.
- Transfer tomato mixture to blender and blend well.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat until it starts to foam, but not boil.
- Stream hot milk into the tomato mixture while blending. Season to taste with more salt and pepper. Garnish with remaining basil.
Serve with a homemade grilled cheese sandwich for a filling meal!
Related Recipes To Try:
Tomato Lentil Soup
Tomato Basil Biscuits