Senegalese Chicken Bowl
Servings: 6 servings
Your new favorite Dutch oven recipe! Our Senegalese Chicken Bowl combines Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican Tomatoes with curry powder, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and peanut butter. Serve this delicious mixture over jasmine rice for a delicious dinner the whole family will love.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup White Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 3 Cups Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 (14 oz) can Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 3 Cups Jasmine Rice, cooked
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add curry powder and garlic and continue cooking another 2 minutes, stirring to combine.
- Add Dei Fratelli Chopped Mexican Tomatoes, sweet potato, chicken broth, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add chicken, peanut butter, and lime juice. Combine well and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Toss cooked rice with cilantro. Serve chicken mixture over jasmine rice.
Substitute peanut butter with your favorite nut butter to create a dish the whole family can enjoy!
Related Recipes To Try:
African Groundnut Stew
Mexican Pepper Stew
Tomato Broccoli Bowl