Quinoa Veggie Soup
Servings: 8 servings
Add some flavor to your basic vegetable soup! Quinoa Veggie Soup combines Dei Fratelli Rustic Crushed Tomatoes with celery, carrot, sweet potatoes, zucchini, kale, and a dash of red pepper flakes in one pot for this delicious, veggie-packed treat!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Rustic Crushed & Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery, diced
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 6 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Zucchini, diced
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Summer Squash, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cups Kale, chopped
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add carrot, onion, celery, and sweet potato. Cook until the veggies start to soften and brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add bay leaves and red pepper flakes. Stir to coat veggies and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add Dei Fratelli Rustic Crushed & Chopped Tomatoes, lemon juice, and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer. Add quinoa and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini squash, chickpeas, and kale to soup. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
Garnish with fresh, grated parmesan cheese.
Related Recipes To Try:
Cauliflower Tomato Soup
Slow Cooker Veggie Quinoa