Pizza Sub Sandwich
Servings: 6 servings
Take sandwiches to a whole new level with our baked Pizza Sub Sandwich! Spread Dei Fratelli Simply Pizza Sauce over hoagie buns, and top with your favorite pizza toppings. Made in under 30 minutes this oven-baked sandwich is a perfect go to dinner for the family always on the move!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (14 oz.) Jar Dei Fratelli Simply Pizza Sauce
- 6 Hoagie Buns, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. Deli Ham, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 oz.) package Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. Button Mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice mushrooms and sauté in olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Begin assembling sandwiches by spreading Dei Fratelli Simply Pizza Sauce evenly over the bottom hoagie buns. Top with mozzarella cheese, ham slices, pepperoni, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Spread a second layer of pizza sauce on top.
- Arrange the pizza subs on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Short on time? Used canned mushrooms instead to make these sandwiches in under 30 minutes.
Related Recipes To Try:
Easy Meatball Subs