Penne with Vodka Cream Sauce
Servings: 2 servings
Enjoy pasta night with our Penne with Vodka Cream Sauce! Made with Dei Fratelli Whole Tomatoes, Italian sausage, vodka, and heavy whipping cream this homemade pasta sauce is perfect for any noodle of your choosing!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Whole Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 lb. Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb. Italian Sausage, sliced
- 4 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Vodka, optional
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, for garnish
- Bring one large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes, add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add Dei Fratelli Whole Tomatoes and salt. Bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until almost dry.
- Add vodka (optional) and cream and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low until sauce comes to a simmer. Serve over pasta and garnish with basil.
Swap out penne for any of your favorite pasta noodles to try with this delicious vodka sauce!
Related Recipes To Try:
Simple Pomodoro Sauce
Big Mug Gnocchi