Italian Panzella Salad
Servings: 6 servings
Use up all your stale bread in our Italian Panzella Salad! This authentic Italian recipe combines Dei Fratelli Seasoned Diced Tomatoes with black olives, balsamic vinegar, and parmesan cheese for this tasty and delicious side dish!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Seasoned Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1 loaf Ciabatta Bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 Cup Black Olives, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and black pepper.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Slowly drizzle the olive oil mixture over the bread and toss to coat. Only use enough to cover the bread, about half, and reserve the remainder.
- Place the coated bread cubes on a large sheet pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- While bread is in the oven, combine the remaining olive oil mixture with Dei Fratelli Seasoned Diced Tomatoes, olives, balsamic vinegar, basil, parsley, salt, and lemon juice to create a marinade. Allow to sit.
- Once the bread is out of the oven and cooled, toss together the marinade and the bread in a large bowl. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Use slightly older bread for an even more authentic Italian dish!
Related Recipes To Try:
Easy Italian Pasta Salad
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Curry Cashew Quinoa Salad