Servings: 12 Cookies
Whether it is the holiday season or you are craving something sweet our Cakebox Cookies are perfect for your family! Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes combine with your favorite cake mix and maple syrup for this easy and delicious dessert!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained well, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Soak the drained Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes in maple syrup for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Strain chilled tomatoes.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the shortening and butter until fluffy. Add the cake mix and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Adjust the mixing speed to low and add in the egg. Scrape down the sides and continue mixing on low speed for about 1 minute.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl and gently fold in the well drained maple-soaked tomatoes.
- Divide the dough into quarters and chill in the refrigerator until cold and firm.
- Once chilled, roll each piece into a 1/2" thick circle on a well-floured surface.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on a wire rack and decorate with your favorite frosting and sprinkles!
This dough is best made well in advance. Allowing it to fully chill before rolling and cutting makes it super easy to handle.
Related Recipes To Try:
Tomato Soup Spice Cake
Gluten-Free, Plant-Based Tomato Brownies