Servings: 16 servings
Add some delicious BBQ flavors to this Mexican dish! Our Beef Taquitos combine Dei Fratelli Tomato Puree and seasonings to create a tasty barbecue sauce that gets mixed with shredded beef and spread on corn tortillas for tasty taquitos! Serve in the summer months for a easy bulk dish or for your next potluck dinner!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
FOR EASY BBQ SAUCE
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Tomato Puree
- 1 1/3 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
FOR BEEF TAQUITOS
- 2 Cups Easy BBQ Sauce recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. Shredded Beef, cooked
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 6" Corn Tortillas, as needed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as needed
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix Dei Fratelli Tomato Puree with all ingredients for the Easy BBQ Sauce recipe.
- Add Easy BBQ Sauce recipe to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add cooked beef to saucepan with 2 cups of Easy BBQ Sauce and cook over medium-high heat.
- Simmer the BBQ beef mixture for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
- Remove tortillas from the oven and divide the BBQ beef mixture evenly between tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and roll each taquito as tightly as possible.
- Arrange rolled taquitos on baking sheets. Brush with olive oil and bake seam side down for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You may need to bake in multiple batches.
Use the remaining Easy BBQ Sauce recipe for dipping or drizzling!
Related Recipes To Try:
Valentine’s Day Quesadilla
Pulled Pork Nachos