BBQ Skillet Pot Pie
Servings: 4 servings
Adding homestyle country flavor to dinner just got easier with this one pan BBQ Skillet Pot Pie recipe! Made with our homemade Easy BBQ Sauce recipe using Dei Fratelli Tomato Puree, we added pork, garlic, cheddar cheese, and topped with biscuits for a delicious, family-friendly recipe!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
For Easy BBQ Sauce
- 1 (28 oz.) Dei Fratelli Tomato Puree
- 1 1/3 Cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
For BBQ Skillet Pot Pie
- 3/4 Cup Easy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Onion, diced
- 4 Green Onions, sliced, green and white separated
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 16 oz. Pork, shredded
- 1 (14 oz.) can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 oz.) tube Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
- 1 Egg, blended, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium skillet or oven-safe saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced white onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add the green onion whites and garlic to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine ingredients for Easy BBQ Sauce in a large bowl.
- Add shredded pork, 3/4 cup of Easy BBQ Sauce Recipe, pinto beans, and water to the pan. Bring this mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Season with paprika, black pepper, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Remove the pan from heat and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Open the tube of refrigerated biscuit dough and separate the biscuits. Place uncooked biscuits on top of the BBQ pork mixture, making sure there is space between each biscuit.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits turn golden brown.
- Garnish with sliced green onion.
Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, and more Easy BBQ Sauce! Leftover Easy BBQ Sauce? Store it in a sealed, glass container in your refrigerator for later use. Just bring to a simmer for 5 minutes before serving!
Related Recipes To Try:
Easy BBQ Sauce
Pulled Pork Nachos
BBQ Beef Taquitos