African Groundnut Stew
Servings: 6 servings
An easy dinner for a chilly evening, our African Groundnut Stew combines Dei Fratelli Diced Tomatoes with chicken, sweet potatoes, onion, and your favorite creamy nut butter in your Dutch oven. This one pot recipe is delicious and hearty for those cold winter nights.Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs, boneless, skinless, and diced into 1/2" cubes
- 2 Cups Sweet Potato, peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Cup White Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and onion to Dutch oven. Sauté until onions become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in Dei Fratelli Diced Tomatoes, cooked chicken, sweet potatoes, broth, peanut butter, thyme, and cayenne. Reduce heat and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and fresh parsley.
Related Recipes To Try:
Buffalo Chickpea Chili
Mom Hirzel’s Goulash
Senegalese Chicken Bowl