3-2-1 Cookies with Maple Tomatoes
Servings: 12 cookies
The perfect savory cookies for the holiday season! Our 3-2-1 Cookies with Maple Tomatoes take Dei Fratelli Stewed Tomatoes soaked in maple syrup and mixed right into a delicious cookie recipe for a new and festive treat!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Stewed Tomatoes, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Soak the drained Dei Fratelli Stewed Tomatoes in maple syrup for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Strain chilled tomatoes.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter on high until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add sugar and continue to beat until well combined, about 2 minutes. Turn to low speed and slowly add the flour. Continue mixing until a dough is formed, about 2 more minutes. Fold in the tomato pieces with a rubber spatula.
- Portion the dough into Tbsp. sized balls and slightly flatten.
- Place in the oven on a sheet tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies completely cool before serving.
Let those tomatoes soak! The longer they spend in the maple syrup, the better they get!
Related Recipes To Try:
Sticky Sweet Tomatoes