Ribs with Tomato Jam
Servings: 6 servings
There will be nothing to spare with this ribs recipe! Our Ribs with Tomato Jam prepares rib in your oven with a deliciously seasoned tomato jam made with Dei Frateli Petite Diced Tomatoes, sweet onion, ginger, and brown sugar for a dinner that just melts in your mouth!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 (28 oz.) can Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 half racks Ribs
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Sweet Onion, minced
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Rub spices evenly over ribs to season.
- Place ribs, meat side up, on a roasting pan or baking sheet. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake until the meat falls off easily, about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- While meat is roasting, heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add onion and cook until caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add Dei Fratelli Petite Diced Tomatoes, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid has evaporated, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove ribs from oven and top with tomato jam.
For extra crispiness, turn the oven to broil after topping with tomato jam and broil ribs for 3-4 minutes, watching carefully.
Related Recipes To Try:
Pork Tenderloin with Tomato Jam
Stewed Tomato and Rosemary Pork Chops
Tangy Tom Wings